bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Important Iphone question!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
linc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, I mean i programmed the turbo SIM in a Nokia 6320i, which was connected to my computer over bluetooth. Card already had 1.2.7 firmware, I just had to load applesaft

On another note, it seems like contacts are busted now - when i try to sync iTunes gives me a mapping error, and if I add a contact on the phone it just disappears. Also, viewing the recent call list causes the phone to crash.. has anyone seen anything like this?

Linc.
kheldour

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linc wrote:
I just did mine with a Nokia 6230i, over bluetooth

Obviously. As pz mentioned earlier in this thread, the Nokias usually have no issues with the writing to the SIM. There is also another link earlier in this thread, which describes the Razr-Programming. You need the driver set for the Moto Razr. If you haven't installed that one, it won't work.

Rgds Khel
kheldour

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linc wrote:
yep, I mean i programmed the turbo SIM in a Nokia 6320i, which was connected to my computer over bluetooth. Card already had 1.2.7 firmware, I just had to load applesaft

On another note, it seems like contacts are busted now - when i try to sync iTunes gives me a mapping error, and if I add a contact on the phone it just disappears. Also, viewing the recent call list causes the phone to crash.. has anyone seen anything like this?

Linc.

Did you unjail it, before you syc'ed it again? I remember having read some comment about having trouble syncing with iTunes, if you don't jail the iPhone before...

Khel
linc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed the contacts issue - deleted /var/root/Library/AddressBook/AddressBook.sqlitedb and started again - seems to have fixed it all. Must have been some unrelated corruption? If anyone sees this issue, please let me know
kheldour

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the few of you, who made this solution work on your iPhone, please positive confirm once more:

Call IN / OUT ?

SMS IN / OUT ?

EDGE ?

Best regards,

Khel
kheldour

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linc wrote:
Fixed the contacts issue - deleted /var/root/Library/AddressBook/AddressBook.sqlitedb and started again - seems to have fixed it all. Must have been some unrelated corruption? If anyone sees this issue, please let me know

Great!!!

Khel
linc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMS in/out, calls in/out, and GPRS all confirmed working fine for me.
raymng

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linc wrote:

Linc.

Any special steps or drivers needed??

Thanks!!
kheldour

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linc wrote:
SMS in/out, calls in/out, and GPRS all confirmed working fine for me.

Thanks! May I ask in whih country you are and what carrier you use?

Khel
kheldour

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raymng wrote:
linc wrote:

Linc.

Any special steps or drivers needed??

Thanks!!

Not with the Nokia's. With Moto Razr (USB only), you need the driver update, which you find here: http://www.gurmelas.dyndns.org/iPhoneUnlock/Motorola_End_User_Driver_Installation_2.9.0.msi

Khel
linc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using it with Vodafone Australia (Who use Comp128 v2 or v3
kheldour

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linc wrote:
I'm using it with Vodafone Australia (Who use Comp128 v2 or v3

Great, thanks for the info.

Greeting to the other side of the pond… Wink

Khel
raymng

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linc wrote:

Linc.

Linc,

How did you set the Nokia phone as Modem??
Thanks!!
GTRTam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a totally new in mobile & computer science ( not even sync much my mobile ) but in order to free my iPhone to call, I gotta go deep now.

I have went through all Bladox 13 pages but still have questions regarding running turbo cable & applesaft on step 2 of your instructions :

1. I'll use my Sonyericsson W800i & I see 2 COM ports, COM3 for data
modem & COM4 for modem, which one should I use or doesn't matter ?

2. " In the Windows Command Prompt, go to the Turbo Cable Util bin-win32 folder and run turbo-info -d \\.\COMx (x = your com Port number) "

Does it mean that I open the turbo-info ( dos window pop up ) in bin-win32 folder & type " turbo-info -d \\.\COMx "

Or go to start - run & type command " C:\turbo-cable-utils-0.7.0\bin-win32>turbo-info -v -d\\.\com6 "

3. " Go into the SIM Toolkit menu of your handset (should be named "Sim Toolkit" or "Sim Applications" or "Turbo" hidden somewhere on the menu
-Select AppleSaft, and Set. "

Does this SIM Toolkit menu only appears on Razr after TSim installed ? On other phone what should I look for ? I haven't installed the TSim yet & I look in the menu of my Sonyericsson, I can only see SIM lock menu in my phone.

3. I know my SIM stores SMS so is it better to delete all SMS in my SIM first to avoid getting error ?

Thanks for the helps !
IrishStephen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally Posted by Zf_
so here we go for a quick one

First, your phone must be activated (with the AT&T SIM), jailbreaked, and with SSH and vim. Refer to previous tutorials to do that

- Download the port of Bladox utilities http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...5&postcount=16 on your computer, extract it on your computer (you need the binary file turbo-app)
- Download AppleSaft 0.92 from Bladox (see the link on their forum, don't remember it), extract it on your computer (you need the .trb file)
- Turn on your phone with Turbo SIM + AT&T subscription
- Disable CommCenter - ssh to your phone, vim /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist add

Code:

<key>Disabled</key> <true/>

for example add it just after these lines, already present in the file

Code:

<key>OnDemand</key> <false/>

If you don't like vim, you can do this modification on your desktop computer (iPhuc/iPhoneInterface getfile, modify the file, and putfile)

vim ultra light survival kit

i : insert mode
ESC : command mode (from insert mode)
dd : delete the current line (in command mode)
:w! : save (in command mode)
:q! : quit (in command mode)

- Reboot
- Copy turbo-app to your phone (for example in /opt/bladox)
- Copy applesaft.trb to your phone (for example in /tmp)
- ssh to your phone, set the executable permission to turbo-app (chmod a+x /opt/bladox/turbo-app) and run it with /opt/bladox/turbo-app /tmp/applesaft.trb. It should take approximately 30 seconds and you shouldn't see any error. Please panic if you see one
- Reenable CommCenter - ssh to your phone, vim /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist and delete the lines you added previously
- Reboot
- Go into Settings/Phone/SIM Applications/Apple Saft and choose Set
- Turn off your phone
- Turn on your phone with Turbo SIM + your subscription and test

Hi hope someone can help me using the above instructions I am getting as far as "ssh to your phone" need help setting executable permission to turbo-app and get it running with applesaft.trb if anyone can give me a step by step instructions from that point I would be forever in your debt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 14 of 25

Jump to: