bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Important Iphone question!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kheldour wrote:
It appears, that the TurboSIM seems to be the right tool.

I found the following info:

Quote:

First, this is a bootleg hack, and isn't by any means an unlock. But it does work. The original idea of disabling the sim detect switch was brought to me by florin_m, and the idea is you boot with a valid sim then switch it. Thanks to JTAG I found out that the SIM is polled every second or so. So even if the detect switch is disabled, the phone still won't work with the new sim card. But here is a little trick, although impractical, to get a phone working with another sim.

Boot phone or AT+XSIMSTATE=1 with an AT&T SIM. It doesn't have to have service.
Halt the core with jtag(EXTEST all 1's)
Replace sim with any other SIM with valid service
Resume core with jtag(EXTEST back to old state)

Now it should work with any SIM. This functions similar to a SIM proxy without the SIM proxy hardware being required. But instead you need the JTAG hardware, which is arguably harder to get. Unfortunately a software halt won't work as the SIM is polled in an interrupt which still runs.

Details please look at: http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/2007/08/t-mobile-sim-fully-working-using-jtag.html

rgds

Khel

Not sure if this may work, you cannot just quickly swap cards, if phone is turned on there is reset procedure and card is not stateless device - if you swap cards new card won't be reset and state (active file selected) will be different.
healeydave

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zbug wrote:
Hello all,

im using a nokia 6300 all drivers are loaded but im getting this problem while runing the script

C:\a>turbo-info -d \\.\COM4
initializing modem
AT+CPMS="SM","SM"
ERROR

I think this error is crucial, if this command doesn't go through ok, it suggests your phone is not capable of sending code to the TurboSIM through the SMS Message route.

By the way, I just tried AT+CPMS="SM","SM" actually on the iPhone and it accepts the command and returns:

+CPMS: 0,30,0,30,0,50

So that's a good sign right?

Is it possible to actually send the code through here with a succession of AT commands rather than having to use the turbo-xxx software?
I am using a mac, so I wouldn't be able to use the WIN32 commands (well not easily).
zbug

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant wait until someone says something like YAY IT WORKS !

well even a dispointing NO its doesnt work would be good as-well ( that way we can think of something else )

hope i get my new turbo sims soon so i can re try all this Smile
nbasim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

healeydave wrote:

By the way, I just tried AT+CPMS="SM","SM" actually on the iPhone and it accepts the command and returns:

+CPMS: 0,30,0,30,0,50

So that's a good sign right?

yep, there's already an untested port of the cable utils running natively available here http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showpost.php?p=15335&postcount=16

probably more news (and a lot of additional orders Cool) next week Wink
frviana

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else has received a Turbo Sim today. Please post.
ozbimmer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried the Turbo SIM (kernal 1.2.7), which has the applesaft.trb uploaded, with an AT&T card. Result: The STK is not loaded because the AT&T card is not recongised?? (The phone shows "offline", a Nokia N95). I have tried it with my local carrier sim - the STK loaded perfectly and able to read and set the IMSI and ICCID.

Thanks.
IrishStephen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozbimmer wrote:
I have tried the Turbo SIM (kernal 1.2.7), which has the applesaft.trb uploaded, with an AT&T card. Result: The STK is not loaded because the AT&T card is not recongised?? (The phone shows "offline", a Nokia N95). I have tried it with my local carrier sim - the STK loaded perfectly and able to read and set the IMSI and ICCID.

Thanks.

I am a bit confused are you saying that it worked or not? I have a Turbo Sim on its way to me that will be here tomorrow and I am hoping that it will allow my iPhone to work here in Ireland with my carrier. Is there any application yet so that you can program it directly from the iPhone rather than connect it to a V3 or similar?

Has anyone got it to work yet???
ozbimmer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In one word: No. Current issue is with STK not loading with AT&T card.

I have a Turbo programmer so do not use any mobile phone to upload the app.
IrishStephen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozbimmer wrote:

Damn it! I was hoping this would work!!!!

I read the following on the Hackintosh site this morning, not sure if its of any help as I am not a tech but perhaps it will. I am gutted Sad

"Just found it in another thread. You actually don't need an ATT sim:

"You can use whatever IMSI you like for the AT&T IMSI, using the following format (hex) 08 39 01 14 x0 xx xx xx xx replacing x by hex digits"
pz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozbimmer wrote:

Can you explain more? We have used few weeks ago ATT card with Turbo Lite 2 and worked nicely. What you mean it doesn't wotk with STK?
tommo_uk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggestion to Ozbimmer and Pz... please pick up the phone, or Skype one another, or something, and talk to each other in real time. It would save a lot of time, and frustration, for the rest of us who are dying to know if this solution can be made to work!
Wink
pz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozbimmer wrote:

Do you have also TL2? How does this one work? If yes then it must be something else, maybe mechanical - bad contact? Do you have debug kernel for TL2? Then you could see all what's going on between ME-TL2(TSIM)-SIM.

TSIM is not different than TL2.
ozbimmer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have TL2. I used the TL2 to upload the app - applesaft.

When I put the AT&T sim into my phone Nokia N95 with TSIM, no connection was made with the network (the phone shows "Offline"). However, if I put my local carrier sim into my phone with TSIM, connection was established and the STK appears in the menu. I could read the IMSI/ICCID and set them up too.

I will try debugging soon. Will keep you up to date.
pz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozbimmer wrote:
I have TL2. I used the TL2 to upload the app - applesaft.

When I put the AT&T sim into my phone Nokia N95 with TSIM, no connection was made with the network (the phone shows "Offline"). However, if I put my local carrier sim into my phone with TSIM, connection was established and the STK appears in the menu. I could read the IMSI/ICCID and set them up too.

I will try debugging soon. Will keep you up to date.

And if you put TL2+ATT into N95? When thinking about what you described my bet is mechanical issue, maybe different cut ATT card, height, or so. Look at this.
ozbimmer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried TL2+ATT. Will do.

Possibly mechanical issue. Again I will find out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 10 of 25

Jump to: